Green Bean Frittata with Gouda & Parmesan Cheeses
Green Bean Frittata with Gouda & Parmesan Cheeses is a savory baked egg dish that is perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. Cut the warm frittata into wedges and serve with your favorite tomato sauce or white sauce.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound frozen or fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked and drained*
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk or NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gouda or Edam cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- Tomato sauce (optional)
- White (béchamel) sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan. Wrap foil around bottom of pan.
Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Place in large bowl. Add beans, evaporated milk, eggs, flour, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; stir well. Stir in cheeses. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of frittata; remove side of springform pan. Serve warm with tomato sauce or white (béchamel) sauce.