Soups & Salads
Golden Corn Soup
Golden Corn Soup
4 to 5 servings
- Served warm or cold, this refreshing corn soup is garnished with a swirl of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh herbs - a flavorful punch that will please your family and friends.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh corn with husks removed (4 medium ears)
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk or Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- Light sour cream or crème fraîche (optional)
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
Cut kernels from the cobs; reserve kernels and cobs. Place evaporated milk and corncobs in large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic and reserved corn kernels. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add vegetable mixture, water and thyme in saucepan; cover. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Discard corncobs and thyme. Cool mixture for about 10 minutes.
Pour soup into blender until it is half full; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour through a medium sieve into clean saucepan (discard contents of sieve). Repeat process with remaining soup. Reheat soup until heated through. Serve topped with swirl of sour cream and chives.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.