Soups & Salads
Golden Corn Soup
4 to 5 servings
- Served warm or cold, this refreshing corn soup is garnished with a swirl of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh herbs - a flavorful punch that will please your family and friends.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh corn with husks removed (4 medium ears)
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk or Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- Light sour cream or crème fraîche (optional)
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
Cut kernels from the cobs; reserve kernels and cobs. Place evaporated milk and corncobs in large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic and reserved corn kernels. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add vegetable mixture, water and thyme in saucepan; cover. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Discard corncobs and thyme. Cool mixture for about 10 minutes.
Pour soup into blender until it is half full; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour through a medium sieve into clean saucepan (discard contents of sieve). Repeat process with remaining soup. Reheat soup until heated through. Serve topped with swirl of sour cream and chives.