Fiesta Taco Skillet
- This Fiesta Taco Skillet is a perfect combination of Mexican-style corn, taco seasoning and corn meal and creates a wonderful, aromatic meal.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal (see note below)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Cook beef in well-greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in corn, water and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens. Top with cheese.
Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine evaporated milk and egg in small bowl; mix well. Add milk mixture to corn meal mixture; stir just until blended. Spread over top of meat-cheese mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.