Fiesta Chicken, Rice & Bean Casserole
6 to 8 servings
- Chopped jalapeños and cumin add a zesty touch to this hearty Fiesta Chicken, Rice and Bean Casserole. Add some chopped fresh cilantro if desired, for a color accent. This is a great choice for family meals and entertaining too.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked, chopped or shredded chicken breast meat (about 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeños
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen, thawed corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch or 3-quart casserole dish.
Bring water and bouillon to a boil in medium saucepan. Add rice; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until rice is almost tender and most of liquid is absorbed (the rice will continue to cook in the casserole).
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeño and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Whisk together evaporated milk and eggs; stir into saucepan along with prepared rice, chicken, cheese, beans and corn. Spoon into prepared dish.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.