Fettuccine with Creamy Pork & Asparagus Sauce
12 servings (1 cup per serving)
- Ground pork, asparagus tips, and tender strands of pasta are bathed in a creamy wine sauce in this delicious, yet easy-to-make dish from J. Vela Palomino, a MiCocinaLatina.com enthusiastic cook from Cusco, Peru. Sprinkled with tangy queso fresco and garnished with chopped parsley, it’s ideal for both a quick weeknight dinner and special occasion.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1/2 pound) fresh asparagus, tips and tender stalks cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 ounces grated queso fresco or Parmesan cheese or more to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet on medium low heat. Add onions; cook until lightly golden about 3 minutes. Add ground pork; cook on medium heat stirring constantly, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in asparagus tips. Season with salt and pepper. Add wine; bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes to reduce. Reduce heat to low; add evaporated milk. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
Combine pork and asparagus sauce with drained fettuccine. Serve immediately sprinkled with a little queso fresco and parsley, if desired. Remaining cheese can be served along with pasta and sauce.