- Mmm! The mix of different vegetables and herbs, the creaminess of evaporated milk, and the combination of cheeses, make this Fettuccine Primavera dish the favorite of all. Take a bit of Italy home!
- ●1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine, prepared according to package directions, kept hot
- ●3/4 cup water
- ●1 cup broccoli florets
- ●1/2 cup sliced carrots
- ●1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- ●3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ●2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1/2 cup chicken broth
- ●1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ●1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated provolone cheese
- ●1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ●Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat water in medium saucepan to boiling. Add broccoli, carrots and bell pepper. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 to 7 minutes. Drain; set aside.
Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour. Gradually add evaporated milk and chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, cayenne and black pepper until cheese is melted. Toss with pasta. Add vegetables; stir to coat. Serve immediately.
May substitute 1 pound frozen vegetables, cooked according to package directions, for fresh vegetables.