Easy Tomato Pumpkin Bisque
7 servings, 1 cup each
Made with Carnation Evaporated Milk and Libby's Pumpkin, this creamy and wholesome Easy Tomato Pumpkin Bisque will have you feeling warm and cozy in no time.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and pepper flakes; cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, pumpkin and vegetable stock. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir until mixture is completely combined. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off of the heat. (If you prefer a smoother bisque, use a blender to blend mixture, then return to pan.)
Add evaporated milk and stir until blended. If the mixture is too thick, thin out with a little water. Season with salt and pepper once more and pour into soup bowls.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.