Easy Toffee Candy
- Easy and delicious candy to make that all in the family will enjoy!
Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 35 to 40 soda crackers
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with heavy-duty foil.
Melt 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter in medium saucepan. Pour into prepared jelly-roll pan. Arrange crackers over butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
Melt remaining 1 cup (2 sticks) butter in same saucepan; add sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sweetened condensed milk. Pour over crackers.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
Sprinkle with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts; press into chocolate. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; cut into pieces.