- Create a taste that is as refreshing as an icy glass of lemonade. These mouth-watering lemon bars are a great summer treat, and perfect for entertaining or picnics.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
NET WT 14 oz (397 g)
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Press lightly onto bottom and halfway up sides of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Beat sweetened condensed milk and eggs in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, remaining tablespoon flour, baking powder, salt and food coloring just until blended. Fold in grated lemon peel; pour over crust.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into bars; sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.