Soups & Salads
Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup is simple and satisfying and can be made in less than an hour. It is a good way to get broccoli into the tummies of fussy eaters. (Great for the lunchbox thermos, too!)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (14.5 fluid ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Boil water in medium saucepan. Add broccoli; bring to boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; drain. Place half of broccoli and chicken broth in food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth.
Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add broccoli mixture and remaining chopped broccoli. Heat through.