Down-Home Sausage Gravy Over Biscuits
Savory breakfast sausage adds a ton of flavor to this simple biscuits 'n gravy recipe. It's practically a meal in itself but don't be shy about adding eggs and hash browns for a hearty brunch.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 package (16 ounces) breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 biscuits, kept warm
Combine sausage and onion in large skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in flour; mix well. Stir in evaporated milk, water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve immediately over biscuits.