Soups & Salads
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- The delicate aroma and flavor of the roasted peppers provide a special twist to this easy soup. Perfect to serve as a first course or a light meal, it will please and satisfy all your dinner guests.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14.5 fluid ounces) vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Transfer onion mixture to blender. Add red peppers; cover. Blend until smooth.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same saucepan. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in red pepper mixture, salt and pepper. Heat through.