Puddings & Flans
Butterscotch Egg Pudding
- A blending of butter, brown sugar and raisins create this luscious butterscotch flavored dessert.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
Combine evaporated milk and water in top of a double-boiler and scald over rapidly boiling water. Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Cool to room temperature.
Beat eggs in a large bowl until well mixed. Add raisins, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in bread crumb-milk mixture; beat slightly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Place baking dish in large pan; fill pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately with whipped cream.