Soups & Salads
Cream Soup with Potatoes and Cheese
- This Cream Soup with Potatoes and Cheese is a perfect soup to try when you want to prepare something easy and delicious. This soup is hearty enough to be eaten as a meal or as an accompaniment to a main dish. Enjoy it one spoonful at a time!!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green bell or poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 1/2 cups (two 14 1/2-ounce cans) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Chihuahua or cheddar cheese
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add peppers and onions; cook for 3 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir flour mixture into pot; continue cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a boil again, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
To Serve: Divide tomatoes and cheese among 8 bowls. Pour soup into bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions, chopped cilantro or parsley, if desired.