Corn Chowder with Poblano
- This creamy corn chowder is a Latin American classic. The addition of poblano chiles gives the soup Mexican flair with a hint of zesty heat.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 poblano chile, deveined, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed, divided
- 2 cups water
- 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, chile and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add 4 cups corn; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add water and bouillon; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until corn is very soft.
Place corn mixture in blender or food processor (in batches if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining corn and evaporated milk.
Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chowder is thick. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.