Soups & Salads
Opens in a new window
- The great flavors in this Clam Chowder recipe make it perfect for lunch or dinner. The sauteed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions add extra flavor dimension to this favorite chowder.
- ●2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ●1 cup peeled and finely chopped potato
- ●1/4 cup peeled and finely chopped carrot
- ●1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- ●1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- ●2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ●1 can (6.5 ounces) chopped or minced clams, undrained
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add potato, carrot, celery and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7 to 8 minutes or until potato is tender.
Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in clams and juice, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy and slightly thick.