Soups & Salads
- The great flavors in this Clam Chowder recipe make it perfect for lunch or dinner. The sauteed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions add extra flavor dimension to this favorite chowder.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped potato
- 1/4 cup peeled and finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (6.5 ounces) chopped or minced clams, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add potato, carrot, celery and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7 to 8 minutes or until potato is tender.
Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in clams and juice, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy and slightly thick.