Soups & Salads
Chilled Pumpkin Soup
- This delicious Chilled Pumpkin Soup recipe gets its inspiration from a winter squash soup that is popular throughout Latin America, traditionally prepared with the native calabaza or West Indian pumpkin. In Argentina, this dish is enjoyed in Salta, a northwest region rich in ancient culture. Savor this cold soup during the summer when it will be a refreshing addition to many meals.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid or 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Paprika (optional)
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and green onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes; cook for an additional minute.
Add broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Remove soup from heat; cool for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth.
Pour soup into large bowl; cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Spoon into bowls. Top each with a dollop of Media Crema and sprinkle of paprika, if desired.