Chicken Tortilla Stew
- This creamy Chicken Tortilla Stew is loaded with South of the Border flavors and packs a spicy punch! Crunch up fresh tortilla chips as a delicious topping. Feed your family twice-but only cook once! This recipe is already doubled. Just serve your family half and freeze the rest.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 4 to 5 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 3 cans (14 fluid ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild red or green chili enchilada sauce
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1 cup uncooked long or medium grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro leaves, sliced green onions (optional)
Combine broth, enchilada sauce, evaporated milk, carrots, rice and cumin in large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Add chicken and corn; stir well.
Spoon into serving bowls; top each serving with tortilla chips, cilantro leaves and green onions, if desired.