Chicken & Rice Casserole
- Satisfy hearty appetites with this comforting recipe. Baked to golden brown perfection, this rich and flavorful Chicken and Rice Casserole is one of the most popular meals and is sure to become a family favorite. Prepare in advance and store in the freezer for an easy weeknight dinner.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeños (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole dish.
Combine rice, cheese, chicken, evaporated milk, onion, eggs, cilantro, melted butter and jalapeños in prepared dish; stir well.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
For Freeze Ahead: Prepare as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Uncover. Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.