Cheesy Tuna and Rice Dish
Cheesy Tuna and Rice Dish is a tasty variation on the traditional casserole. Delicious, easy to prepare and it's ready in less than 1 hour.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, cut in half, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna packed in water, drained
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes. Blend in flour, salt and ground black pepper. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil. Stir in cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
Combine rice, parsley, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, and tomatoes in 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Top with tuna. Spread cheese sauce over tuna.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.