Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
6 to 8 side-dish servings
Macaroni and cheese like it's supposed to be, tasty with homemade goodness. Children and adults alike will love this classic.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cups dry small elbow macaroni or shells
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) American cheese, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Return to saucepan. Add butter; stir until melted.
Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, mustard and pepper in medium bowl. Add to pasta mixture; stir. Add cheddar cheese and American cheese; stir. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese begins to melt. Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Bake for 10 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly golden. Season with salt.
For Freeze Ahead: Prepare as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake, uncovered, stirring halfway through, for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly golden. Season with salt.