Cheesy Jalapeño Grits
- Try this great grits recipe! Jalapeño pepper, cheese and grits are the perfect combination needed for that special side dish.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup quick grits
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- Salt and ground black pepper (optional)
Melt butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove peppers; keep warm. Allow skillet to cool slightly.
Add chicken broth and evaporated milk to skillet and bring to a boil; slowly stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until grits are thickened. Add pepper mixture and cheese; stir until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.