Soups & Salads
- Cheeseburger Soup combines fresh vegetables, meat, cheese and evaporated milk to make a hearty soup. This can be a complete meal. Serve it on a cool fall or winter’s day or evening. This will become a family favorite.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans (14.5 fluid ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups (3 medium) peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cook ground beef in large saucepan over medium heat until brown; drain. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and basil; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until tender. Add broth, potatoes and cooked beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Melt remaining butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.