Soups & Salads
Cheddar Cheese Soup
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce adds zest to this thick and creamy Cheddar Cheese Soup. It is a perfect option for a cold day.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup beer or water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Toppings: crumbled cooked bacon, sliced green onions, croutons
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Add evaporated milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; stir in beer, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cayenne pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Season with salt. Serve with toppings.