Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for kneading
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
Combine flour, cheese, dry milk, chives, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives to make coarse crumbs. Stir in water just until moistened.
Knead dough 10 times on lightly floured surface. Pat into 8 x 6-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 biscuits. Place biscuits about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.