Puddings & Flans
Caribbean Rice Pudding
- Caribbean Rice Pudding is a version of this popular dessert brought to America by the Spaniards. Lime gives a Caribbean touch to its unique creamy texture.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked medium-grain rice
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lime peel (2 x 1/2-inch), green part only *
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Ground cinnamon, fresh lime zest *
Combine water and rice in large saucepan. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
Add evaporated milk, cinnamon stick, lime peel and salt to rice mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in sugar and raisins. Continue cooking for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and mixture is smooth. (Additional water may be needed if rice is not of desired texture.) Discard cinnamon stick and lime peel. Spoon into dessert cups. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and lime zest before serving.