Brunch Sausage Casserole
- Put this hearty egg, cheese and sausage casserole into the oven early on a weekend morning and it will be ready by the time the whole family is up. An easy holiday brunch recipe! For extra variation try different cheeses, or add some ham or bacon bits.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 package (16 ounces) bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard and onion powder in medium bowl. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with sausage. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cover with foil if top browns too quickly. Season with ground black pepper.