Baked Potato Casserole
- This Baked Potato Casserole has creamy potatoes, cheddar cheese and bacon blended together and baked to perfection. This dish is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 8 medium potatoes (about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded 2% cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole dish.
Return potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and half of bacon. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, remaining bacon and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.