Wild West Trail Cookies
48 cookies (4 dozen)
- These cookies are great to take along hiking or camping! Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, quick cooking oats, wheat germ, pecans and coconut team up for a hearty treat. Developed by Gina Krzyzanowski, Neillsville, WI
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 oz (283 g)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Beat butter in very large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Stir in mini morsels, flour, wheat germ, pecans, oats and coconut. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.