Slimmer Chocolate Crinkle-Top Cookies
- Slimmer Chocolate Crinkle-Top Cookies are a slimmed down version of a favorite cookie.
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●2 large egg whites
- ●1/4 cup water
- ●1/2 cup powdered sugar
Melt 1 cup morsels in a small, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar, margarine and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat in melted chocolate and egg whites. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water. Stir in remaining morsels. Cover; chill until firm.
Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar to coat generously. Place on greased baking sheets.
Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.