Rich Caramel Chocolate Sauce
18 servings, 2 tablespoons each
- This simple homemade caramel and chocolate sauce is perfect for pairing with fresh fruit, ice cream or cake. Store in a jar and tie with a decorative ribbon to make the perfect hostess gift.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup half-and-half, divided
- 2 packages (5.5 ounces each) about 50 pieces, soft & chewy rectangular caramels, unwrapped*
Microwave morsels, corn syrup and 1/4 cup half-and-half in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 20- to 30- second intervals, stirring until morsels are melted and sauce is smooth.
Microwave caramels and remaining 1/2 cup half-and-half in another medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 20- to 30- second intervals, stirring until sauce is smooth.
Combine chocolate and caramel sauces.
Serve warm as a dipping sauce for fresh fruit or spoon over ice cream or cake. Store remaining sauce tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 7 days. Makes about 2 1/4 cups.
For Gifting: Transfer sauce to clean gifting jars; seal well. Refrigerate up to 7 days.