- A finalist in the Nestlé Toll House “Share the Very Best” recipe contest, this dessert was submitted by Juilee Decker of Cleveland, Ohio. A scrumptious blend of raspberry preserves, Nestlé Toll House Premier White Morsels and toasted almonds tops a rich, buttery cookie crust to create these irresistible Razz-Ma-Tazz cookie bars.
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for pan
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 cup all-purpose flour
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- ●1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- ●1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan; coat lightly with sugar.
Melt butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Add 1 cup morsels; let stand. Do not stir.
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy. Add 1/2 cup sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in morsel-butter mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until combined. Spread 2/3 of batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire rack.
Heat jam in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter over jam. Sprinkle with almonds.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.