Pull-Apart Cinnamon Chocolate Coffeecake
- ●1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- ●2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ●3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- ●4 teaspoons baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons milk, divided
- ●1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 8- or 9-inch-round cake pan. Melt 1/4 cup butter in small, microwave-safe dish until just melted; set aside. Combine 2/3 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl; set aside.
Combine flour, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in remaining 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in morsels. Add 2/3 cup milk; stir until dough holds its shape. Transfer dough to slightly floured board. Knead dough 8 times and form into a ball, flatten slightly. Cut into 4 wedges. Cut each wedge into four equal pieces. When finished you should have 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
Roll each ball in melted butter and then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Arrange in prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (25 to 30 for 9-inch pan) or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Carefully invert onto wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto serving platter.
Combine sifted powdered sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons milk in small bowl. Drizzle over coffecake slices. Serve warm.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.