Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Impress your family and friends with this delicious, moist cake!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch (10-cup) tube pan and flour with 3 tablespoons flour.
Sift remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add brown sugar gradually and continue beating until light and loose, about 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with 1 cup evaporated milk. Stir in rum until just mixed. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Invert onto plate. Dust with powdered sugar prior to serving, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.