Peanutty Piña Colada Bars
- Peanutty Piña Colada Bars combine the flavor of pineapple and coconut with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels in a twist on the traditional recipe. Jennifer Sweigert of Lynn Haven, FL created this wonderful bar cookie.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels 12 oz
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1/3 cup piña colada-flavored yogurt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine peanut butter and butter in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until melted and combined. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, coconut extract and vanilla extract until combined. Stir in flour. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Melt morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Stir in yogurt. Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Let stand until topping is cooled. Cut into bars. Cover; store in refrigerator.