Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
48 bars (4 dozen)
- Treat the peanut butter and jelly fan in your home with these bar cookies. Your favorite jam is sandwiched between 2 layers of peanut butter and chocolate chip dough. Wash them down with a tall glass of milk.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels 34.5 oz
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup jelly or jam
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Press 3/4 dough into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven. Dollop jelly by heaping teaspoon over partially baked dough. Let stand for 1 minute; spread to cover. Dollop remaining dough by heaping teaspoon over jelly.
Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.