Napoleon Cannoli Stacks
- Napoleon Cannoli Stacks are an easy way to make the traditional Italian cookie. Use wonton wrappers and fill with creamy ricotta cheese and Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels. A great favorite for holiday parties! Developed by Julie DeMatteo of Clementon, NJ.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
Combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Heat oil in deep skillet over medium heat to 350° F. Fry wonton wrappers, 2 or 3 at a time, until golden brown and crisp, about 30 seconds each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust fried wonton wrappers with powdered sugar. Spread wonton wrappers on waxed paper.
Place remaining 3/4 cup morsels and shortening in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM (70%) power for 20 seconds, knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10- second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over wonton wrappers.
Place raspberries in a food processor or blender. Cover; process or blend until smooth. Strain raspberry puree through a fine sieve. Add remaining 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and stir until dissolved.
To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons of the raspberry sauce on each of 8 dessert plates. Top each with a wonton wrapper, chocolate side up. Top each with about 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture. Top with remaining wonton wrappers.