Make-Ahead Chocolate Soufflés with Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
- Make-Ahead Chocolate Soufflés with Peppermint Bark Ice Cream are a perfect addition to any gathering. They are prepared a day ahead, giving you one less thing to worry about when entertaining.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for dusting, divided
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- ●1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●4 large eggs, separated
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●1 container (14 ounces) peppermint bark ice cream, (optional)
Spray eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; dust with granulated sugar.
Microwave morsels, butter and baking cocoa in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg white mixture gently but thoroughly. Spoon into prepared ramekins, filling about 3/4 full. Cover soufflés individually with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Remove plastic wrap from soufflés. Place soufflés on baking sheet. Bake on center oven rack for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and center still moves slightly. Serve with scoop of ice cream. Serve immediately.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.