20 kite cookies
- Get carried away with these fun kite cookies. Using our refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough and assorted decorating icing and gels, these customizable cookies are fun and easy enough for anyone to do!
- ●1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- ●2 tablespoons all-purpose flour plus additional for rolling
- ●Assorted decorator icings, sugars and sprinkles
- ●Thin string licorice or other rope-type candy
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Break dough apart cookie dough into medium bowl. Combine dough and 2 tablespoons flour until mixed. Roll cookie dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of floured wax paper. Remove top piece of paper. Cut cookie dough with 3-inch kite shaped cookie cutter. Transfer kites to ungreased baking sheets, placing about 4 inches apart (2 to 3 baking sheets will be needed, pending size of sheet- kites will spread). Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately pat sides of each kite with edge of knife to help retain shape. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Decorate as desired. Adhere licorice strings to kites with icing.