Opens in a new window
- The coconut and nut combination give these Island Cookies a tropical flavor! Great for picnics and entertaining, too.
- ●1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ●3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- ●3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1 large egg
- ●1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 cup flaked coconut, toasted if desired
- ●1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, coconut and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Note: NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, Premier White Morsels or Butterscotch Flavored Morsels may be substituted for the Milk Chocolate Morsels.