Fruit-Filled Chocolate Chip Meringue Nests
- Delicate, light meringue nests overflowing with fresh fruit and drizzled with warm chocolate sauce -- how could anyone resist?
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups fresh fruit or berries (whole blackberries, blueberries or raspberries, sliced kiwi, peaches or strawberries)
Preheat oven to 300º F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
Beat egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cream of tartar in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 cup sugar; beat until sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in 2 cups morsels. Spread meringue into ten 3-inch nests with deep wells about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until meringues are dry and crisp. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Heat evaporated milk to boiling in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in remaining 1 cup morsels. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
Drizzle meringues with chocolate sauce and fill with fruit (whole blackberries, blueberries or raspberries, sliced kiwi, peaches or strawberries); serve immediately.