Frosted Maple Pecan White Chip Cookies
- These pretty Frosted Maple Pecan White Chip Cookies are flavored with maple and vanilla morsels and topped with a simple maple frosting. Easy to make, yet elegant enough for special guests.
- ●3 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2 teaspoons baking soda
- ●2 cups packed brown sugar
- ●1 cup vegetable shortening
- ●3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened, divided
- ●2 large eggs
- ●2 teaspoons maple flavoring, divided
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- ●1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ●1 cup pecan halves (about 60)
- ●4 cups powdered sugar
- ●4 or more tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat brown sugar, vegetable shortening, 1/2 cup butter, eggs, maple flavoring and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and chopped pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, milk, remaining 1/4 cup butter and maple flavoring in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. Spread each cookie with Maple Frosting and top with a pecan half.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.