Frosted Maple Pecan White Chip Cookies
60 cookies (5 dozen)
- These pretty Frosted Maple Pecan White Chip Cookies are flavored with maple and vanilla morsels and topped with a simple maple frosting. Easy to make, yet elegant enough for special guests.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels 12 oz
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 60)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 or more tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat brown sugar, vegetable shortening, 1/2 cup butter, eggs, maple flavoring and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and chopped pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, milk, remaining 1/4 cup butter and maple flavoring in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. Spread each cookie with Maple Frosting and top with a pecan half.