Egg-Ceptional Easter Cookies
- These egg-shaped chocolate chip cookies can be festively decorated with colored frosting for a sweet Easter treat.
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●1 large egg
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 container or more prepared vanilla frosting
- ●2 or more food coloring choices
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Press enough dough into greased and floured tablespoon to make slightly rounded. Invert onto ungreased baking sheets. Continue with remaining dough.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until golden around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
To Color Frosting: Stir food coloring into small amounts of frosting until desired color. For deep colored frosting, use paste colors available in cake decorating shops.
To Pipe Frosting: Use pastry bag fitted with small, plain or fluted tip, heavy-duty plastic bag with tiny corner snipped off or plastic squeeze bottle with small tip.
To Decorate Cookies Frost tops with white or colored frosting. Decorate as desired with remaining morsels, piped frosting and colored sugars.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.