Edible Easter Baskets
- These edible Easter baskets from Adrianna Adarme of A Cozy Kitchen are a great activity for the whole family. Fun to make and delicious to eat!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels 12 oz
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 to 6 drops green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 package (12-ounce) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
Combine the coconut flakes with food coloring until the coloring is evenly distributed.
Whisk together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until very smooth.
Microwave morsels in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high for one minute; stir until smooth.
Cut end off pastry bag and attach piping tip. Spoon 1/4 cup of the melted white morsels into the bag. On a sheet of parchment, using a black marker, draw 12 “handles” that measure 1-inch wide and 1 1/4-inch tall. Flip parchment over and trace the handles with the melted white morsels. Transfer the entire sheet of parchment to the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
Fill 12 double-lined mini muffin liners with 1 teaspoon of melted white morsels. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture to each liner. Lastly, top with 1 teaspoon of melted white morsels to each liner. Gently shake each of the liners to even out the melted white morsels.
Sprinkle each muffin cup with the green coconut flakes. Remove the “handles” from the freezer and using a paring knife, separate them from the sheet of parchment. Gently push the handles atop each of the melted morsels cup before the cups set. Transfer to freezer to chill for 10 minutes. If desired once set, place your favorite mini candy in your edible Easter basket.