Easy No-Bake Creamy Chocolate Mint Bars
- These no-bake chocolate and mint bars include the perfect flavor combinations – a chocolate cookie crust, a creamy layer of mint and melted chocolate morsels on top. Trust us, they will be devoured in minutes!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened, divided
- 1 3/4 cups (about 30 cookies) finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons peppermint extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
Microwave 1/3 cup morsels and 1/3 cup butter in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir crushed cookies into melted morsel mixture. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
Meanwhile, beat 1/3 cup butter, milk, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Add food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired color is reached. Spread powdered sugar mixture evenly over cookie crumb layer.
Microwave remaining 1 2/3 cups morsels, remaining 1/3 cup butter and remaining 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Spread chocolate layer evenly over powdered sugar mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. For easier cutting, allow bars to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.