Disappearing Chocolate Bars
- Moist and chocolatey, these Disappearing Chocolate Bars will be a favorite with the chocolate fan in your family. Frost them with Creamy Chocolate Icing to make them even more irresistible.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa 8 oz
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine granulated sugar, 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, 2/3 cup cocoa, eggs, egg white, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Alternately beat in flour and 2/3 cup evaporated milk just until blended. Fold in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Combine remaining 1/3 cup baking cocoa and 3 tablespoons melted butter in medium bowl; stir well. Alternately stir in sifted powdered sugar and 1/4 cup evaporated milk. Stir vigorously until smooth. Spread icing over cooled chocolate bars.