36 to 48 diamonds (3 to 4 dozen)
- Diamond Crumbles have a smooth chocolate filling that is a marvelous contrast to the crumb layers and crunchy chocolate pecan topping. Carrie Singh of Naples, FL developed this recipe.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Beat butter in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in flour, sugar and salt on low speed until crumbly. Press 2 cups of mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
Combine 1 1/2 cups of morsels and sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until morsels are melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Pour evenly over hot crust. Add remaining 1/2 cup morsels and chopped pecans to the reserved crust mixture; sprinkle over the chocolate layer.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into diamond-shaped pieces.