Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pots de Crème
- From the kitchen of blogger What Megan’s Making, these Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pots de Crème highlight the perfect pairing of dark chocolate and raspberry making it a truly rich and creamy indulgence.
- ●1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- ●1/2 cup whole milk
- ●6 large egg yolks
- ●6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●2 cups fresh raspberries
- ●1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 cup water
- ●2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ●Freshly whipped cream, for serving
Place the chocolate morsels in a large bowl and set aside.
In a medium-sized sauce pan, whisk together the cream, milk, egg yolks, 6 tablespoons granulated sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the spatula and register 175° F on a thermometer. Be careful to not let the mixture come to a boil. Immediately pour the milk mixture through a fine mesh strainer over the chocolate in the bowl. Let sit for about 5 minutes to melt the chocolate. Add in the vanilla and stir until smooth. Divide the chocolate mixture among 8 ramekins or small cups. Add about 2 Tbsp of the raspberry sauce to each ramekin and swirl with a knife. Save any extra raspberry sauce for later. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Combine the raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium-sized pot. Stir the cornstarch into the water until smooth and add to the pot. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is slightly thickened. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth and strain through a fine mesh strainer. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
When ready to serve, top with lightly sweetened freshly whipped cream. Thin out some of the extra raspberry sauce with a little bit of water and drizzle over top of the whipped cream.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.