Cream Cheese Stuffed Pears
- Elegant and simple to make, this dessert combines the delicate flavors of cream cheese-filled pears with chocolate and raspberry sauces.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) pear halves in juice, drained
- 2 package (3 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Raspberry juice or syrup (optional)
Place pear halves, cut side down, on paper towels. Combine cream cheese and 4 teaspoons sugar in small bowl until smooth. Match pear halves by size. Spread about 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture on cut side of one pear half; press cut side of second pear half into cream cheese. Repeat with remaining pears. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Heat evaporated milk to boiling in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in morsels. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
To serve: Place pears in pool of raspberry sauce; drizzle with chocolate sauce.