Citrus-Iced Mock Margarita Bars
- Citrus cookie bars topped with creamy white morsel icing and sprinkled with a dash of sea salt make these bars reminiscent of your favorite south-of-the-border beverage. These unique cookies are great for backyard gatherings on hot summer days.
- ●1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●1/3 cup butter, softened
- ●1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●3 teaspoons grated lime peel, divided
- ●3 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- ●1 large egg
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- ●1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ●4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ●1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ●2 teaspoons lime juice
- ●1 teaspoon orange juice
- ●1 to 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat granulated sugar, 1/3 cup butter, vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons lime peel and 2 teaspoons orange peel in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Press into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, remaining teaspoon lime peel, remaining teaspoon orange peel, lime juice and orange juice in small mixer bowl until smooth.
Spread icing over bars. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into bars. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.